Black & White Composition

 I personally feel my "perfect" edit is the first black and white photo. I took this certain picture multiple times and each shot was different. Leaves would fall or shift because of the wind and with that particular edit I feel it gave a depth and attention to a corner pile of leaves that most would overlook. I enjoyed playing around with levels, brightness, and contrast...trying to make a still photo come to life. One effect I knew I wanted to create was this sense of gloom that also held an aspect of detail and clarity within the different tone, textures, and patterns of each leaf. I know its a pile but I wanted to give a balanced idea of light and dark in the misted of the individuality of each leaf.  













Comments

  1. The variety of textures and the directional lighting in this composition translate VERY well to b&w. I also enjoy how uniquely different each of your edits is. Each has a different mood. That leaf falling at the moment it did was fortuitous, as well. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first b&w and the sepia came out really well! I love all the different patterns you can see on the leaves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree that your first photo is done very nicely and your choice of subject works very well for this subject matter. I really enjoy the cool toned photo as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts