Photography Final Project:

    Sometimes remembering places of the past prompts us to look forward to in the future. After spending the last four years in the small town of McKenzie Tennessee I have come to find those places I can now call memories. From something as hidden as a trail to the public baseball bleachers, each of these over looked areas are settings that have not only formed the charm of this town but also the growing love story of my fiancé and I. With my new found love of photography it formulated a way for me to tell our story without any movement. To my fiancé and I these places are photographs in our minds, still moments that we will remember forever.

    Through this theme I place the viewer into our story, with each photograph going in chronological order of when these special places were connected to lifetime memories. By romanticizing the colors from beginning to end it slowly fades from a dule palette to a more vibrate one. It transports a small town to a vivid fairytale with positions of these locations always creating a horizon line. Whether it be the actual division between land and sky, or a sharp edge of architecture. Being in a small town, the norm is to assume there is no beauty or action. However, for the both of us it is the simple that brought us into the beginning of our lives together. Many people find comfort in reminiscing and visiting places that mean a lot to them. It means there is a connection, a moment where everything else in the world doesn’t matter. When you find those places you have to hold onto them…just like a old photograph.











Comments

Popular Posts